NYS Community College Campus Peace Officers must have a strong desire to serve and protect students and staff of an educational community.
While there is no age limit; candidates must be at least 21 years of age and be in good physical health.
- A) Associates Degree ** OR
- B) Graduation from High School and 3 years experience as Police Officer, Security Officer, Private Investigator, or 1 year Military experience **OR
- C) An equivalent combination of training and experience
- Pass our Civil Service Exam
- Possess a valid NYS Driver license
- Complete a DCJS approved Law Enforcement Academy
- Pass a Background Check
- Complete a One Year Probationary Period
- Pass a Psychological Examination
- Possess an NYS Pistol Permit
** For further information on Civil Service Requirements for Campus Peace Officer please visit the Broome County Personnel.
Are you already certified in NYS as a Police Officer or Community College Peace Officer and interested in employment with SUNY Broome Office of Public Safety?
Contact Chief Nick Brey via email for further information.