We are excited that you are interested in becoming part of the Student Village community. Please follow the five (5) steps below to reserve your room. If at any point you have a question, please feel free to contact the Housing Office at 607-778-5307 or by emailing email@example.com.
Five (5) Steps to Secure Your Room
Step 1: Apply and be accepted to SUNY Broome
- You will not have access to apply for housing until you have been fully accepted as a matriculated student.
Step 2: Submit your housing application
- By expressing interest in housing during the College application, you will automatically receive email instructions to submit a housing application.
Step 3: MyHousing Portal Process
- Log into MyCollege, select the “My Account (Banner)” link in the LaunchPad, select the “Student” tab at the top, then select “MyHousing” in the menu. Select “Application” and then select the “Spring 2024 Housing License“
- Read and Sign your Housing License
- Answer the requested questions
- Complete the Address/Emergency Contact
- Choose a Living Request (this is only a preference)
- Choose your meal-plan (either 14-meals or 19-meals)
- Pay your $300.00 deposit
- You will receive a confirmation “Thank You” pop-up once complete
Step 4: Complete All Obligations
- Complete your FAFSA and TAP applications
- Payment/payment plans must be in place by Wednesday, January 10, 2024. Payment plans can be setup online on the MyCollege portal.
- Your Certificate of Residency must be submitted by Wednesday, January 10, 2024.
- Final High School Transcript must be submitted
- Submit your Immunization Requirements
- Register as a matriculated student in at least 12 credits
Step 5: Room Placement
- Once students have satisfied all obligations, they will automatically been assigned their room.
How to Cancel Your Housing License and Get Your Deposit Back
Who can cancel:
Students are able to cancel their Housing License and request a deposit refund if they submit their cancellation request prior to July 25 for the Fall Semester, and December 15 for new deposits related to the Spring Semester. After the deadline, students may still cancel their Housing License but are not guaranteed a deposit refund, unless SUNY Broome is able to re-establish the occupancy of the space.
How to cancel:
Students may cancel their Housing License by contacting the Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org via student’s Broome email. In the cancellation email please include the student’s full name, student ID# (B#), and the reason for cancellation. After our office receives the cancellation email, please allow 4-6 weeks for the cancellation check to process. The check will then be mailed to the address we have on file.