Here is your contract to success!
BCC Housing hereby licenses to you the right to occupy a portion of the Student Village, subject to the terms and conditions of this Housing License and the policies, procedures, codes of conduct, and rules and regulations of the College and BCC Housing, which may be amended from time to time. The portion of the Student Village licensed to you shall consist of the nonexclusive use and occupancy of an Apartment together with either: (a) the exclusive use and occupancy of a single bedroom; (b) the exclusive use and occupancy of a super single bedroom; or (c) the nonexclusive use and occupancy of a double bedroom. Decisions on placement are at the discretion of the Director of Housing & Residential Life, or designee. While you may use the common spaces or other public areas within the Student Village, the ownership and occupancy rights to those spaces shall be retained by BCC Housing.
The full Housing License can be found by clicking the link below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, or call +1(607) 778-5307.
Housing Eligibility Information
Students must meet the requirements set forth below in order to be eligible to live in the on-campus housing at SUNY Broome Community College known as the Student Village. When available, rooms in the Student Village are granted on a first come, first serve basis, but only after all the eligibility requirements set forth below are met. As rooms become available, students will be contacted and offered a room.
- Students that reside in the Student Village must be at least eighteen (18) years old by December 31 of the year during which occupancy shall commence.
- Students who do not meet this requirement should contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students that reside in the Student Village must be matriculated at SUNY Broome Community College, enrolled as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credits), and in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- The Director of Housing & Residential Life, or designee, shall have the discretion to terminate a Housing License if a student residing in the Student Village is no longer enrolled at SUNY Broome Community College as a matriculated and/or full-time student.
- A $300 deposit must be paid to apply for a room in the Student Village. In the event that a room in the Student Village is unavailable at the time of application, this deposit will be used to secure the student a spot on the waiting list.
- Financial Obligations, including Financial Aid and Student Account paperwork, must be satisfied prior to a student being offered a room within the Student Village.
- This includes completing the student’s FAFSA and submitting the student’s Certificate of Residency. Refer to the Financial Aid Website for further information.
- On rare occasions, students who are below full-time or non-matriculated may not receive full financial aid, but may be approved to reside in the Student Village. Under these circumstances the student is still responsible for all financial obligations to the Student Village.
- Students must comply with the vaccine and immunization requirements of SUNY Broome Community College.
- A student’s failure to adhere to the Student Code of Conduct at SUNY Broome Community College may render them ineligible for a room in the Student Village. Such eligibility shall be at the discretion of the Director of Housing & Residential Life, or designee.
- Students may be subject to a criminal background check prior to being offered a room in the Student Village. Any student who signs a Housing License for a room in the Student Village shall be deemed to have authorized a criminal background check.
Standards for Academic Progress:
- All students residing in the Student Village must meet the Standards for Academic Progress (SAP) set forth by SUNY Broome Community College. In general, the following standards apply:
Credits Attempted Minimum Cumulative GPA Credits Attempted Credits Earned 12-20 1.50 20 12 Over 20-40 1.75 40 26 Over 40 2.00 60 40
- Refer to the Registrar’s Website for further information.
Should a student have any questions about on-campus housing at SUNY Broome Community College, please contact the Student Village Housing Office at email@example.com, or by phone at +1 (607) 778-5307.
How To Cancel Your Housing Application and Get Your Deposit Back
Who can cancel:
All students are able to cancel their application and request a deposit refund if they submit their cancellation request prior to July 25. After July 25, students who are informed that they will be housed (whether they know their room number or not) may still cancel their applications but ARE NOT eligible for a refund on their deposit.
How to cancel:
Students may cancel their housing deposits by contacting the Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org via student’s Broome email. In the cancellation email please include the student’s full name, student ID# (B#), and the reason for cancellation. After our office receives the cancellation email, please allow 4-6 weeks for the cancellation check to process. The check will then be mailed to the address we have on file.