Spring 2022 Opening Information
Spring 2022 opening at the Student Village will take place Saturday, January 22, 2022.
- You MUST have a negative COVID-19 test within the last five (5) days prior to arrival.
- SUNY requires ALL students to get their booster shot when eligible.
Due to the anticipated conditions related to COVID-19, in addition to all residential students being vaccinated, all are currently required to wear masks in all public spaces indoors – this does not include within your suite. ALL residential students will be tested on Tuesday January 25, regardless of vaccination status – see below for instructions. Additionally, anticipate bi-weekly COVID-19 testing continuing for all residential student during the semester.
Meal Plans: Traditionally, the meal plan option has been 14-meals per week at $1855 per semester; in addition, we are offering 19-meals per week at $2250 per semester. If you are interested in switching your meal plan, please email email@example.com.
Guests/Visitors: NO guests/visitors are currently approved; including family members. Only residential students are approved. This will be reviewed at a later date once the semester starts.
Move-In Times: The move-in times are based on the floor you live on. *Example of Room assignment: If your room assignment is 404 B, you are considered a 4th Floor resident
- 4th Floor Room assignments: 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- 3rd Floor Room assignments: 10:30 am – Noon
- 2nd Floor Room assignments: 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- 1st Floor Room assignments: 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
If these times do not work for you, you can request to come between 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, or Sunday 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
COVID Testing: Location: Student Village Classroom Date: Tuesday, January 25 Time: 9am-Noon & 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Prior to being tested, you must pre-register through the SUNY Upstate COVID-19 website. If you’ve already registered for a previous test, you can login using your email and password instead
Registration Instructions (read before you begin your registration, linked below):
- You will need to create a profile, including a username and password. Write down your username and password – you will need these the day of testing.
- SUNY Broome testing is free, but you will need your health insurance information for coding/reporting purposes (if you’re a student who doesn’t have insurance, select “no insurance”).
- After you complete your profile, you should get to a screen that states “register for a new test”. Please stop and go no further. You are now in the system and ready to participate in the testing program! You’ll pull up the same page on the day of testing and continue where you left off.
- After you’ve read these instructions, you can pre-register here.
Day of Testing Requirements:
- Personal electronic device (smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.)
- DO NOT eat, drink, or smoke anything for at least 30 minutes before being tested. This includes chewing gum, mints,
lozenges, smoking, vaping, or using smokeless tobacco, as well as drinking water.
- DO NOT brush your teeth or use mouthwash one (1) hour before being tested.
We look forward to having you here on campus with us. Remember, we ask that you limit your support assistance for move-in to no more than 2 helpers. Everyone will be REQUIRED to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
Break Housing Options:
If you would like to stay in the Student Village during any of the following College break periods, please contact the Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Student Village closes Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 7:00 pm, and reopens Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:00 pm.
- Break days would include Wednesday, November 24 through Saturday, November 27.
- The Student Village closes Friday December 17, 2021 at 7:00 pm*, reopens on Saturday, January 22, 2022.
*Those with class on Monday, December 20 can request to stay until Monday at 7:00 pm.
- Break days would include Saturday, December 18 through Friday, January 21.
- The Student Village closes Friday, April 15, 2022 at 7:00 pm, reopens on Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 2:00 pm.
- Break days would include Saturday, April 16 through Saturday, April 23.