What are the mandatory immunization requirements?
By New York State law, students attending any public college or university must submit proof of immunizations for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) and for Meningococcal/Meningitis.
For MMR: If you are taking six (6) or more credits on campus (including traditional, blended, and hyflex classes), SUNY Broome requires proof following for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella:
- Two (2) MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccines given at least 28 days apart and after your first birthday OR individual vaccines for all three diseases OR blood TITER results showing immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella
For Meningococcal/Meningitis: If you are taking six (6) or more credits and any are on campus (including traditional, blended, and hyflex classes) SUNY Broome requires proof of the following for Meningococcal/Meningitis:
- Proof of a vaccination for Meningococcal/Meningitis within the last 5years OR a completed and signed Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response/Waiver form.
When do I need to submit my records by?
Complete immunization records must be on file with Student Health Services before the start of your first attending semester. Those students without complete records will be medically withdrawn from classes.
Certification of Immunization
Where and how can I submit my records?
- Fax your records to +1 (607) 778-5530
- Email your records to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your records to SUNY Broome Community College, Attn: Student Health Services, PO Box 1017, Binghamton, NY 13902
- Deliver your records to Student Health Services, (Old) Science Building, Room 102.
Not sure where to get your immunization records?
All records must have your full name and date of birth listed to be acceptable.
- High school health office
- Primary care physician
- Previous college/university
- Military health records
- Childhood health record book
- Online health records i.e, Mychart
MMR and Meningitis Immunization Requirements
Public Health Law Article 21, Title IV, Section 2165-Immunization: All students born on or after January 1, 1957, and registering for six or more on campus credits (including traditional, blended, and hyflex classes) and attending New York State colleges/university must provide proof to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.
MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella):
- Two doses of MMR given at least 28 days apart and after your first birthday or individual vaccinations OR
- Positive antibodies for Measles, Mumps, Rubella is acceptable. Lab results must be provided as proof
All students registering for six or more credits and any credits are on campus credits (including traditional, blended, and hyflex classes) and attending New York State colleges/university must provide proof of immunity or a waiver for vaccination to Meningococcal/Meningitis.
- One dose within the last five (5) years
- Waiver form on file
Persons who hold genuine and sincere religious beliefs contrary to immunization may apply for Religious Exemption. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to immunization is not accepted by the State of New York as a religious exemption. Further documentation/supporting evidence may be requested by the College when submitting Religious Exemption.
To request a vaccine religious exemption, please submit the Vaccine Religious Exemption Request form.
Meningitis Waiver Form
Consequences of Being Non-Compliant
Non compliance will result in holds being placed on your student account and will lead to deregistration from classes. Students are responsible for any fine incurred by the college for non-compliance.