The Academic Advising Department at SUNY Broome Community College serves various programs in the Liberal Arts and Business and Professional Studies Division, as well as both the Health Studies A.S. and A.A.S. programs.
Students in the STEM or competitive Health Science programs should contact their academic program Chairperson directly for details on how to be advised for the upcoming semester.
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Class registration is open for Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 semesters.
Follow the steps below to get advised and registered. The sooner you complete this process, the better you are set up for success!
Step 1: How do I know what my SUNY Broome program is?
Step 2: Who is my academic advisor?
Step 3: How do I schedule an appointment with my Academic Advisor?
If your Academic Advisor is housed in the Academic Advising Department, you should utilize Starfish to schedule an appointment (use the search function in Step 1: Who is my Academic Advisor to determine this). Follow these steps to schedule an appointment via Starfish:
- Log into MyCollege and click on “Starfish” in the launchpad on the left hand side. Use the lookup function if you do not remember your username/password.
- Click the menu icon in the top left corner and click on “My Success Network.”
- Type your Academic Advisor’s name in the “Search services and people” box.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the name of the team member and then click “Schedule.”
- Determine the appointment slot that works for you, click the green plus sign and follow the prompts.
When using the search function in Step 1: Who is My Academic Advisor, and the search result reads: “See Advising & Registration Website,” please follow that link for more information on how to schedule your appointment.
Step 4: Now that I have been advised, how do I register?
How to Register Online Using MyCollege
Schedule Planner Overview
- Binghamton Advantage Program: Kate Taylor
- Student Village LA and BPS Students: Sharlah Ramnarine-Singh
- LA Academic Probation Students (including Student Village): Tom Quain