The College Senate of SUNY Broome Community College is based on the core values of shared governance and, as such, is a collegial, consultative body composed of representatives from all campus constituencies. College Senate reviews and advises on the creation, revision, or discontinuation of policy and is not, in and of itself, a decision-making body.
The mission of the College Senate shall be to:
- represent and promote a broad range of perspectives, input, and influence on governance issues;
- facilitate timely, factual, and systematic two-way communication and information dissemination between constituents and the President relative to decisions related to SUNY Broome policy and matters important to the development of the College;
- support a more transparent and inclusive decision-making process with clear accountability for the recommendations made and decisions produced.
The purpose of the College Senate shall be to:
- oversee, manage, and review the shared governance process;
- assist in ensuring that College-wide policy-making and policy implementation is consistent with SUNY Broome’s mission, vision, and Strategic Directions.
- serve as a forum where such issues of College-wide importance can be sent for review, examination, formulation, discussion and resolution in a collegial fashion;
- serve as the shared governance liaison to the Administration in conjunction with Faculty Senate Chair;
- communicate deliberations and recommendations to the President and the College community and serve as a notification mechanism regarding flow through issues not requiring direct action.
2023-2024 College Senate Membership
|FS Rep (Chair)
|Guild Staff Rep
|Guild Staff Rep
|Vice President for Academic Affairs
|Vice President for Administration and Finance
|Vice President for Student and Community Engagement
|Human Resources Officer