All shared governance meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice. Details for Zoom meetings will be announced in SUNY Broome Today.
Governance is a process of consultation and communication by which decisions and policies are developed to meet the mission of an institution. Faculty, staff, students, administration and the Board of Trustees of SUNY Broome Community College, then, are committed to shared governance – a dynamic, open, and cooperative process which seeks input and recommendations from all campus constituencies to inform decision-making that will help the College best achieve its mission and goals.
Such a participatory structure and process will assist the campus community to communicate and collaborate in a respectful, honest, and productive manner regarding decisions that are for the good of the College as a whole in terms of establishing its course and direction.
- Shared Governance Meetings for Fall 2020 (pdf)
- Shared Governance Meetings For Spring 2021 (pdf)
- Shared Governance Constitution And Bylaws (pdf)
Shared Governance Mission
The mission of Shared Governance shall be to:
- represent and promote a broad range of perspectives, input, and influence on governance issues;
- facilitate timely, factual, and systematic two-way communication and information dissemination between constituents and the administration relative to decisions related to SUNY Broome policy and matters important to the development of the College;
- support a more transparent and inclusive decision-making process with clear accountability for the recommendations made and decisions produced.