The Culinary & Event Center (CEC) houses SUNY Broome’s popular Hospitality programs, which include: Culinary Arts, Event Management, Lodging and Casino Management and Restaurant Management.
The CEC has state-of-the-art amenities such as an event room, lecture hall, classroom space, conference rooms and more. Originally built in 1903, the building contains many historic touches, from the plaster to the painstakingly restored woodwork, a terrazzo floor with a Grecian key pattern, and two faux fireplaces in the main-floor lounge.
The CEC is available for use by groups, organizations and businesses when not being used for college activities. The event spaces at the CEC are perfect for conferences, meetings, private parties, holiday parties, wedding ceremonies and receptions, and more!
- Event Room 112/113 / accommodates conferences or other events
Max Capacity: 140 standing
- Event Room 213/215 / accommodates dinners, lunches, or other events
Max Capacity: 120 standing
- Conference Room 016 / accommodates small meetings
Max Capacity: 10 seats
- Multipurpose Room 109 / accommodates small meetings
Max Capacity: 28
- Tiered Demo Kitchen 208 / accommodates lectures or classes
Max Capacity: 32 seats
- Cocktail Lounge 209 / accommodates small events
Max Capacity: 30 seats
- Multipurpose Room 211 / accommodates small meetings
Max Capacity: 28
Information to consider
- SUNY Broome Culinary & Event Center does not commit you to a specific vendor/caterer, but any outside vendor/caterer must be vetted by the Culinary & Event Center Steward and must provide proper insurances and liquor licenses.
- Insurance: Culinary & Event Center rentals will need to provide a Certificate of Insurance.
For more information on renting event spaces at the Culinary & Event center contact Justine Dadamio at email@example.com.