The Testing Center’s Mission Statement
The Testing Center provides a monitored testing location alternative to classrooms in the event that students cannot take their test(s) along with the rest of their class for any of several reasons, including unavoidable scheduling conflicts or reasonable accommodations in compliance with the A.D.A. and related law.
Due to the social distancing enacted in response to COVID-19 and the accompanying shift to distance-learning-based instructional models, the Testing Center is suspending operations for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. We regret any inconvenience.
The Testing Center’s Location & Regular Schedule
You can find the Testing Center located in L 015, bottom floor of the Library Building. It will be open for Spring 2020 beginning Monday, Feb. 3rd during the following times:
- Mondays through Thursdays: 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Fridays: 8:00am to 4:00pm
The Testing Center is available for:
- Students needing extended time for tests
- Students in situations where instructors and students are unable to arrange a mutually convenient time for make-up tests
Testing Center procedures are as follows:
- Students will schedule a testing appointment with the Learning Assistance Department by calling +1 (607) 778-5038 or visiting the Learning Assistance Department Welcome Desk located in L 017.
- Instructors will deliver tests to the Learning Assistance Department Welcome Desk, along with a cover sheet (pdf) for each test. Special instructions are to be noted such as: open book, use of calculator, use of notes, time limit, etc.
- The day of the scheduled test, the students will go to Room L 015, the Testing Center Room.
Students will be required to show ID at the time of testing!
- The instructor is responsible to pick up completed tests from the Learning Assistance Department Welcome Desk. For security reasons, tests will NOT be sent through the mail unless a waiver (pdf) form has been signed and is on file with the Learning Assistance Department.
Tests may be dropped off and/or picked up between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:55 pm. The Learning Assistance Department Office will not be open after 6:00 pm. For convenience, a drop box is located outside of the Testing Center Room, L 015, should instructors need to drop off tests when the office is closed. A cover sheet is required to be attached to each test.
Please note that in order to minimize distractions, all transactions, either drop off or pick up of exams, will take place at the LAD Welcome Desk in L 017!