All work spaces in the testing center have been arranged to maintain 6 feet of distance between students/faculty per social distancing guidelines.
In order to maintain a clean and healthy environment all desks, tables, and chairs will be sanitized after each testing appointment is complete
The Testing Center provides a monitored location to assist faculty in administering out-of-class tests/quizzes to students needing arrangements for make-up tests, re-tests, and ADA accommodations.
The Testing Center’s Location & Regular Schedule
The Testing Center is located on the lower level of the Library Building, room L015.
Spring 2021 Testing Center hours begin on Tuesday, February 9.
Schedule will be as follows:
- Tuesday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Thursday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
*Please note that due to current social distancing requirements, capacity in the Testing Center is limited to 7 seats and 2 computers, at any one time.
The Testing Center is available primarily for:
- Students accessing disability related test accommodations
- Students requiring make-up tests
Testing Center procedures are as follows:
- Students must schedule an appointment with the Testing Center by calling +1 (607) 778-5038 or visiting the Learning Assistance Department Welcome Desk in L 017.
- Students making an appointment will receive a Testing Center Cover sheet indicating the appointment time. The student will provide or forward the cover sheet to the instructor prior to the appointment.
- The day of the scheduled test, students will check-in at the LAD Welcome Desk(L017). Students are required to present ID at the time of check-in.
- Instructors will drop off tests at the LAD Welcome Desk, or email tests to email@example.com along with the cover sheet. Any special instructions should be noted on the cover sheet (open book, use of calculator, use of notes, time limit, etc.)
- Instructors are responsible to pick up completed tests from the LAD Welcome Desk. For security reasons, tests will NOT be sent through the mail unless a waiver (pdf) form has been signed and is on file with the Testing Center.
- Tests may be dropped off and/or picked up between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:30 pm. The LAD Welcome Desk will not be staffed after 4:00 pm.
- To drop off tests after business hours, a drop box is located outside of the Testing Center Room, L015 for your convenience. A cover sheet must be attached to each test dropped off.
Please note that in order to minimize distractions during Testing Center hours, drop off or pick up of exams, will take place at the LAD Welcome Desk in L 017.