You are not alone! Online tutoring is also available to help you succeed! Tutors guide students in becoming active learners and provide strategies and skills important for course success. All students are welcome to take advantage of this FREE support.
Have a quick question?
Please email Loreta at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any of our tutoring services
Drop In Tutoring
Drop In Tutors will be available beginning Mon, February 1. See schedule here.
How to Access Drop In Tutoring
- Check the Drop In Tutoring Schedule linked above to see if tutoring is available for your desired course and what days/times a tutor will be on duty.
- To join a Drop In session, login to your SUNY Broome BlackBoard account and choose “My Courses” from the menu.
- Scroll to view the list of courses: “TUTORING for Biology”, “TUTORING for Business” etc.
NOTE: You will only see TUTORING for corresponding courses for which you are enrolled.
- Click on the TUTORING course you desire.
- To connect with a live tutor (if on duty), choose “Access Live Tutoring” link from the left menu. This will launch “BlackBoard Collaborate” for video conferencing. Select the active session from the list and then “Join Session” on right.
- No tutor on duty? Check out “Additional Course Resources” for more tools to support your learning.
Evening Tutoring via STAR-NY
Evening Online Tutoring with STAR-NY Available NOW – Online tutoring support is available across the disciplines staffed by tutors across the state.
Sunday through Thursday | 2/3/2021 – 5/11/2021 | 7:00 pm – Midnight
- Writing Any course through Masters level (except foreign language)
- Math for Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, and Intro. to Statistics
- Chemistry Introductory level, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- Biology Introductory level and Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics Introductory level
- Psychology Introductory level
- Economics Introductory level, Macro and Micro
- Computer Science Introductory level
- Accounting Any course below the 400 level
How to Get Started using STAR-NY Tutoring:
- Use an updated version of Firefox, Safari or Chrome (Internet Explorer does not work with Whiteboard)
- Log in and complete the tutor request form.
- When you reach the Dashboard page, click on your subject to work with a tutor.
With individual tutoring, students will have one-on-one, regularly scheduled weekly appointments with a tutor.
Please be sure to email email@example.com to schedule a follow up appointment and to discuss any questions or concerns.