Important news for small businesses affected by COVID-19
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering two loan programs as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) to small businesses throughout New York State. For an overview, see the SBA web site.
We also encourage you to view the SBA Frequently Asked Questions, along with Federal, State, and Southern Tier resources described below.
COVID-19 Small Business Association Programs – Frequently Asked Questions:
We are ready to help! You may also contact Darlene Kanuk at email@example.com
Additional COVID-19 Small Business Resources
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Coronavirus Tax Relief – The deadlines to FILE and PAY federal income taxes are extended to July 15, 2020. The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus. For more information, visit the Coronavirus page of the IRS website.
U.S. Government Services and Information
- Learn about the coronavirus, COVID-19, benefits, business and grants. For more information visit USA.gov.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Up-to-date and accurate information on everything COVID-19 related & more. For more information, visit CDC.gov.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans
- SBA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance (EIDL) – Advance of up to $10,000. Apply for the EIDL Advance.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – Available to small business of less than 500 employees & may qualify for a loan up to $10 million. 1%, 2-year term, deferred for 6 months. Learn more about the PPP.
Southern Tier Resources
Broome County Industrial Development Agency (IDA) $1M Emergency Loan Fund
This emergency financing option includes waived fees, an expedited review and closing process, and waived interest payments. Learn more about the Agency Emergency Loan Fund.
- Recording of the Resiliency Toolkit for Broome County Businesses (mp4)
- Resiliency Toolkit (pdf)
- No Interest Loans to Small Businesses – The city’s Local Development Corp. is offering up to $15,000 in short-term, no-interest loans. A pool of $350,000 is being made available. Learn more about these no interest loans.
View all small business resources
- Broome County Clerk’s Office
- Broome County Library – Ahearn Business Center
- Fab Idea – Owner Cheryl Fabrizi
- Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Binghamton SCORE
- Koffman Southern Tier Incubator
- NYS Small Business Development Center at B.U.
- Internal Revenue Service
- The Agency
- Tioga County, NY Department of Economic Development & Planning
- Tioga County Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Administration
The Entrepreneurship Assistance Center provides resources and assistance to entrepreneurial ventures through various types of services. We support these entrepreneurial ventures in all stages, from start-ups to existing New York businesses wishing to expand.
Fall 2020 Program & Registration Information
SUNY Broome Hosts: Where Startups Happen!
If you want to start a small business and be successful, enroll in a 60-hour program Monday and Thursday evenings; September 14, 2020 – December 10, 2020; 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
Fall registration will be on August 24, 2020 at an Information Night. The evening will be an introduction to the program, the staff and associates, registration and the syllabus.
Classes will be at the Koffman Southern Tier Incubator, 3rd floor, room 310B located at:
120 Hawley Street
Free parking in the rear of the building.
Attention all Veterans
We Thank You For Your Service and Proudly Offer this Program to YOU for ONLY $25! Bring your DD214 when you register for this offer.
The cost of this program is funded in part by Empire State Development. The normal cost would be $3,600 but with this funding you will only pay $149 if registered by August 24, 2020. After that date, it will be $199.
So call Darlene Kanuk today at +1 (607) 777-4022 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being added to the waiting list!
Entrepreneurship Assistance Center Services
- Special Courses for You! We offer courses in everything from creating a business plan to innovator workshops. For a free catalog of upcoming courses call +1 (607) 778-5012 or click here to visit the Continuing Education page and view the most recent catalog.
- Client Advisory Group – the Entrepreneurial Assistance Center has a group of local business representatives that meet once a month to offer EAC clients brainstorming on the particular questions and concerns of their small business development.
The BLDC/Broome-Triad is a sponsorship between the City of Binghamton BLDC, SUNY Broome, Broome County Urban League, and Broome-Tioga Workforce NY.