Free Seminar for Pivot Pointers for Small Businesses During COVID-19
To help small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Entrepreneurial Assistance Program is offering FREE virtual workshops to any entrepreneur looking for information and advice.
- Learn how local entrepreneurs have successfully pivoted during this time
- Michelle Alig – Waterman’s 607
- Karen Bixby – Karen Bixby Photography
- Jennifer Fowler – Upstate Media LLC
- What did they do to keep afloat to pay expenses?
- How well did the pivot perform?
- FREE assistance from a Business Innovator & Strategist– Cheryl Fabrizi
- Learn how you can receive additional Free, one-on-one, business strategizing and accounting consultation!
Each year, program graduates are honored at a special graduation ceremony where the EAP graduates receive their graduation certificates, and well wishes from notable guests including the President of SUNY Broome – Dr. Kevin Drumm Ph.D., City of Binghamton Mayor – Richard David, Senator Fred Akshar, NYS Assembly Woman, Donna Lupardo and Broome County Executive, Jason Garnar.
EAP Business Plan Competition
At the end of the program, participants can participate in a business plan competition where winners receive prizes donated by local area sponsors.
This year’s business plan competition winners are:
- Stephenie Swart – Stay.Binghamton
- Matt Strawn – Handle It! Handyman
- Katherine Larson – Real Wood Rentals
- (Tie) Denise and Renee Kovac – Geneva Gelato
John Hanyon – A&J Honey
City of Binghamton Business Plan Competition
The City of Binghamton Local Development Corporation hosts a competition open to all business that are located in or want to locate in the City of Binghamton. More information can be found on the City of Binghamton website.
Last year’s winner of the City of Binghamton: