SUNY Broome is now offering free access to Google Certificates in Data Analytics, Digital Marketing/E-Commerce, IT Support, and User Experience Design courses. Build new skills or enhance existing ones to give yourself a leg up in the workplace or to explore whether a subject or career path is right for you!
It’s free to you! You can dip your toe into a new topic and see if you like it, build entry-level skills, or enhance existing career expertise.
You don’t have to take our word for it – see this video: Is The Google IT Support Certificate ACTUALLY Worth It?.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Google Certificates is SUNY Broome offering?
SUNY Broome is offering four Google Certificates:
Why enroll in a free Google Certificates course?
There are a variety of reasons a Google Certificates course may benefit you. You can:
- develop a new skill set
- get an introduction to a new skill
- decide if this is a topic you want to explore further (try out a major or subject for free)
- leverage a certification to enter a workplace a step above entry level
- enhance another academic major or professional focus and open a door to a different career aspect (For example: Art majors who earn a User Experience Design certificate may expand their employment options into the IT realm.)
- earn 3-6 college credits for free – if you enroll at SUNY Broome after earning a Google Certificate, professors can help you determine the certificate’s equivalence in credits or courses for a specific degree program
How old do I have to be to enroll?
Does a Google Certificate do anything for me if I already have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree?
Can I take more than one certificate?
Can I enroll in more than Google Certificate at a time?
How long are the courses available for? Is there a set amount of time in which I need to finish?
If I don’t log in for a certain amount of time, is my progress in the course lost?
How long will it take me to finish a Google Certificate?
Digital Marketing – about 170 hours
IT Support — about 140 hours
User Experience — about 240 hours
Google estimates the time commitment for one certificate is about 10 hours a week for six months. Depending on the specific certificate and the time you’re able to devote, you may complete it more quickly or more slowly.
What materials do I need to take a Google Certificates course?
Are the courses available asynchronously on demand?
Is there an actual instructor for each course?
How do I get tech support for the online courses?
I want to take one of the courses but don’t have a computer and/or internet access at home. What can I do?
What do I get when I complete a Google Certificate course?
What resources are available after I complete a Google Certificate?
When you complete a Google Career Certificate, you’ll get exclusive access to CareerCircle, which offers free one-on-one coaching, interview and career support, and a job board to connect directly with employers, including over 150 companies in the Google Career Certificates Employer Consortium.
In addition to expert-led training and hands-on projects designed to prepare you for a job, you’ll get access to an interview practice tool, mock interviews and resume-building workshops, career coaching sessions and more.
You’ll also be able to connect with more than 150 U.S. employers searching for candidates who hold a Google Certificate.
Information about each certificate
Whether you’re just getting started or want to take the next step in the high-growth field of data analytics, this certificate can help you gain in-demand skills. You’ll be introduced to the world of data analytics through hands-on curriculum including using spreadsheets, SQL, Tableau, R programming, and more. Certificate earners will be equipped with the skills to apply for entry-level data analyst roles.
This certificate includes eight courses:
- Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere
- Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions
- Prepare Data for Exploration
- Process Data from Dirty to Clean
- Analyze Data to Answer Questions
- Share Data Through the Art of Visualization
- Data Analysis with R Programming
- Google Data Analytics Capstone: Complete a Case Study
This certificate prepares you for a digital marketing or e-commerce role. You’ll learn popular tools and platforms, such as Canva, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, HubSpot, Mailchimp, Shopify, Twitter, Google Ads, and Google Analytics. You’ll develop digital marketing and e-commerce strategies, learn how to attract and engage customers through digital marketing channels, measure marketing analytics and share insights, and build e-commerce stores, analyze e-commerce performance, and grow customer loyalty. This certificate is endorsed by the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4A’s) and the American Advertising Federation (AAF).
This certificate includes seven courses:
- Foundations of Digital Marketing and E-commerce
- Attract and Engage Customers with Digital Marketing
- From Likes to Leads: Interact with Customers Online
- Think Outside the Inbox: Email Marketing
- Assess for Success: Marketing Analytics and Measurement
- Make the Sale: Build, Launch, and Manage E-commerce Stores
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Develop Customer Loyalty Online
This certificate prepares you for a high-demand, entry-level IT support position, with no previous information technology training or experience required. You’ll learn to perform day-to-day IT support tasks such as computer assembly, wireless networking, installing programs, and customer service, including end-to-end customer support, troubleshooting and debugging. Learn to use systems like Linux, Domain Name Systems, Command-Line Interface, and Binary Code.
This certificate includes five courses:
- Technical Support Fundamentals
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
- Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
- System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
- IT Security: Defense Against the Digital Dark Arts
User Experience Design
This certificate prepares you for a career in the high-growth field of user experience design, which focuses on user interaction with products such websites, apps, and physical objects, and making those interactions useful, enjoyable, and accessible. You’ll create designs on paper and with digital design tools like Figma and Adobe XD. Certificate earners will complete the course with a professional user experience portfolio of three end-to-end projects. This program includes over 200 hours of instruction and hundreds of practice-based activities and assessments that simulate real-world UX design scenarios critical for success in the workplace.
This certificate includes seven courses:
- Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design
- Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate
- Build Wireframes and Low-Fidelity Prototypes
- Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts
- Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma
- Responsive Web Design in Adobe XD
- Design a User Experience for Social Good & Prepare for Jobs
To get tech support, visit Coursera Learner Help Center.
SUNY Broome will also offer Zoom office hours for Google Certificate registrants, as well as in-person office hours (times, days of the week or calendar dates) on SUNY Broome’s Binghamton, NY, campus.