Skaters and spectators understand and agree to all of the following:
- Maintain reasonable control of his/her speed and course at all times.
- Read and abide by all posted signs and warnings and cooperate with the rink staff.
- Maintain a proper lookout to avoid other skaters, objects, or conditions on the surface of the rink.
- Accept responsibility for knowing the range of his/her ability while on skates and skate within the limits of that ability and as appropriate to the session on which he/she is skating.
- Refrain from skating while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other control impairing substances.
- Leave the ice surface when resurfacing maintenance is taking place.
- Refrain from taking food or drink onto the rink surface or the surrounding dasher board or caprail.
- Refrain from acting in a manner that may cause or contribute to injury of themselves or any other person.
- Refrain from throwing or leaving objects on the rink surface.
- Refrain from instigating or becoming involved in any type of altercation with any other skater or spectator and shall not engage in abusive behavior.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By engaging in skating, skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of, and assume the inherent risk of skating, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Injuries that result from collisions or contact with other skaters or individuals who are on the skating surface.
- Injuries that result from falls.
- Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are properly within the intended path of travel of the skater
The following items are not allowed on the ice during any open skate sessions:
Cell phones, cameras, IPODS, video cameras or any other devices that might distract skaters from their surroundings