It is the responsibility of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to approve applications and to make decisions regarding payment, issuance of checks, and eligibility. Prior to enrollment, Veterans must receive approval from their Education Service Officer (ESO), Military Counselor or Branch of Service.
Specific questions regarding payment or eligibility for Veterans Education Benefits should contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at +1 (888) 442-4551.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
The Department of Veteran Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs.
Visit the GI Bill® web site.
These are some of the most commonly used benefits at SUNY Broome Community College. Click on the links below for a full description and application instructions:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), including the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31)