The Civil Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Address: 415 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201
Phone: +1 (410) 347-7700
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates with an Associate in Applied Science in Civil Engineering Technology shall:
- have a well-rounded knowledge of Civil Engineering Technology, allowing for employment into the civil engineering, construction, architectural, or other related fields.
- have the ability to work productively and with increasing responsibility for employers involved in all phases of the construction industry, from planning and design of buildings, bridges, highways, commercial and industrial facilities to management and inspection of the construction process.
- have the ability to pursue and successfully complete a Bachelor of Technology degree if so desired.
- have an appreciation of the need for lifelong learning, an understanding of professional responsibilities, and a strong work ethic.
- have the ability to communicate effectively through both written and verbal means.
Graduates from the Civil Engineering Technology program will demonstrate:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results;
- an ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team
Student Enrollment and Graduation
- 2008 = 83
- 2009 = 90
- 2010 = 93
- 2011 = 80
- 2012 = 87
- 2013 = 89
- 2014 = 75
- 2015 = 73
- 2016 = 66
- 2017 = 67
- 2018 = 62
- 2019 = 56
- 2008-2009 = 21
- 2009-2010 = 16
- 2010-2011 = 24
- 2011-2012 = 20
- 2012-2013 = 11
- 2013-2014 = 23
- 2014-2015 = 24
- 2015-2016 = 19
2016-2017 = 132017-2018 = 162018-2019 = 16