A mental health emergency is any situation involving individuals in distress who are unable to appropriately manage themselves and may include:
- Suicidal behavior
- An individual threatening harm to themselves and/or others
- A psychotic break (sudden loss of contact with reality and or bizarre behavior)
- An unusual or prolonged reaction to traumatic event(s)
- Any behavior unreasonably disturbing to the academic, work or living environment
- Contact 911 or 9-911 from a campus phone.
- If it’s not an emergency – Call the Campus Counseling Services at 778-5210. (Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm)