This Policy is a guide to the acceptable use of the SUNY Broome guest wireless network facilities and service. Any individual connected to this network in order to use it directly, or to connect to any other network(s), must comply with this policy and the stated purposes and Acceptable Use policies of any other network(s) or host(s) used. The following guidelines will be applied to determine whether or not a particular use of this network is appropriate:
- Users must respect the privacy of others. Users shall not intentionally seek information on, or represent themselves as another user. Users shall not obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to others.
- Users must respect the legal protection applied to programs, data, photographs, music, written documents and other material as provided by copyright, trademark, patent, licensure and other proprietary rights mechanisms.
- Users must respect the integrity of other public or private computing and network systems. Users shall not intentionally develop or use programs that harass other users or infiltrate any other computer, computing system or network and/or damage or alter the software components or file systems of a computer, computing system or network.
- Use should be consistent with guiding ethical statements and accepted community standards. Use of this service for malicious, fraudulent, or misrepresentative purposes is not acceptable.
- The Services may not be used in ways that violate applicable laws or regulations.
- The Services may not be used in a manner that precludes or significantly hampers network access by others. Nor may the Services be used in a manner that significantly impairs access to other networks connected to the House network.
- Connections which create routing patterns that are inconsistent with the effective and shared use of the Services may not be established.
- Unsolicited advertising is not acceptable.
- Repeated, unsolicited and/or unwanted communication of an intrusive nature is strictly prohibited. Continuing to send e-mail messages or other communications to an individual or organization after being asked to stop is not acceptable.
- By logging on, you agree to hold SUNY Broome harmless for any damages that may result from access to the Internet or inappropriate usage. The intent of this policy is to identify certain types of uses that are not appropriate, but this policy does not necessarily enumerate all possible inappropriate uses. Using the guidelines given above, we may at any time make a determination that a particular use is not appropriate.
You can download the Guest Wireless Access Policy (pdf).