To achieve its mission, the IE Office:
- Facilitates and supports the strategic planning processes of the college to achieve its mission.
- Documents and reports on the progress of strategic goal achievement, assessment plans and results, Key Performance Indicators, and student success outcomes.
- Leads Middle States Commission of Higher Education (MSCHE) accreditation efforts.
- Coordinates and completes regulatory and external report requirements to ensure compliance.
- Develops, implements, and assesses the college’s institutional effectiveness assessment plan to ensure student success and institutional health.
- Supports college-wide assessment activities across all academic and administrative units, providing assistance with planning, reporting, analyzing, and development of action plans using outcome data, to promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Maintains the academic program review schedule and materials.
- Facilitates program reviews through the provision of data and support throughout the process.
- Supports and advocates for data-driven informed decision-making in planning, resource allocation, and continuous assessment processes to improve student success, institutional health, and achievement of the college mission and strategic goals.
- Prepares, analyzes, and distributes internal and external reports such as: enrollment reports, the Annual Strategic Plan Report, the Data Book, Fast Facts, the Graduate Job Placement and Transfer Report, the Voluntary Framework of Accountability Report, the Student Opinion Survey, and Program Review data packets.
- Reviews and responds to ad hoc requests for data and analyses.
- Develops, administers, and analyzes institution-wide surveys to measure achievement of institutional effectiveness.
- Provides guidance to faculty and staff on designing and coordinating surveys to evaluate effectiveness of programs and services.
- Coordinates of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee activities to ensure research activities are conducted in an ethical manner, consistent with federal regulations.
If you have any questions or comments concerning institutional effectiveness at SUNY Broome, contact Dr. Kimberly McLain via e-mail email@example.com or by phone at +1 (607) 778-5024.