Please check here for updates from the Housing Team. All updates posted here will also be emailed to the current students assigned to live in the Student Village.
Due to the changing conditions related to COVID-19, in addition to all residential students being vaccinated, all are currently required to wear masks in all public spaces indoors – this does not include within your suite.
Additionally, students are only allowed 1 guest to visit during the semester at a time (subject to change); guests MUST be vaccinated, and show proof with their vaccination card or excelsior pass.
Please ensure that you have read the Residence Life Handbook, as well as the 2021-2022 Housing License and Addendum, and others policies on our website.
Reminders — if you haven’t done these steps already, please do so:
- COVID-19 Vaccinations – are REQUIRED. MMR Immunization needs to be submitted prior to arrival.
- Vaccination documentation, question regarding vaccinations and exemptions can be sent to email@example.com; +1 (607) 778-5181.
- Complete your FAFSA – all students in housing will be eligible for scholarships this year. For questions, contact Financial Aid: +1 (607) 778-5028, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class Registration – you must be registered in at least 12 credits to live on campus. You must register for classes for the Fall 2021 semester no later Friday, August 27 (Failure to do so will require residents to vacate their space). To schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor, please call +1 (607) 778-5421, e-mail email@example.com, or visit the website to determine who your Academic Advisor is or to self-schedule your appointment.
- High School Transcript – Final transcript must be submitted to Admissions. For questions, contact Admissions: +1 (607) 778-5001, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit Residency Certificate – for NYS residents, this is required to remove a $2544 bill on your account; needs to be completed while home. For questions, contact Student Accounts: +1 (607) 778-5230, email@example.com.
- Payment Plan – your bill must be paid in full, or have a payment plan in place. Payment plans must be setup online on the mycollege portal. For questions, contact Student Accounts: +1 (607) 778-5230, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to having you here on campus with us. Additional emails will be sent before opening. Remember, we ask that you limit your support assistance for move-in to no more than 2 helpers. Everyone will be REQUIRED to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
We cannot wait to welcome you back to campus! Please read the message below for everything you need to know.
Move-in Dates and Times
Move In will occur Saturday, January 23, 2020 – Sunday, January 24, 2021, from 9:00 am to any time in the pm.
Requirements for Return
- Present evidence of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three (3) days prior to return or of a positive test result for COVID-19 from the prior 3-month period.
- Email your documentation to Alex, email@example.com or Pam, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a Student Village Attestation form that you have or will complete a seven (7) day precautionary quarantine prior to returning to campus.
All students will receive daily email reminders for two weeks prior to return to pre-screen daily using the CampusClear app for travel history, COVID-19 history and COVID-19 symptoms.
Please also keep in mind all students MUST take a COVID-19 test after move-in. You may test Monday, January 25, 2021 from 10:00 am – noon OR Tuesday, January 26, 2021 from 10:00 am – noon in the SV classroom. This is NOT optional.
***Remember: meal plans will not start until Monday on the first day of classes***
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is extremely important that we all follow these guidelines so we will all be safe.
See you soon!
It’s almost time for you to move into the Student Village! And we can’t wait to welcome you to campus! But first we have important updates regarding COVID testing on campus. Please read the following carefully.
You should have signed up for a Move In time, this is your time, and it’s important that you arrive on time in order for us to keep the process running smoothly. You will enter campus using the Lt. Vanwinkle Drive entrance. You will follow the loop around campus until you arrive at the West Gym (you may park in lot 5). Students will enter the West Gym for their COVID testing. Any family members, friends, etc. must wait outside and may not enter the building. This means that anyone else who is traveling with you should be prepared to wait outside, in their car, etc. You may NOT enter the Student Village until you have completed your COVID testing.
You will enter the West Gym, there you will complete an info form and show your ID. If you are under 18 years-old a parent consent form is required (please see attached).
It is important to note that if you have tested positive for COVID in the last 60 days, your test will come back positive still. And you will need documentation from your home doctor regarding your previous positive test; otherwise, you will be asked to return home and quarantine for 14 days.
We will be using the BD Veritor for SARS CoV-2 testing which is a quick nasal swab that students will administer themselves. Once you have completed the nasal swab you may wait outside with your family/friends for the results (with masks on). We will call you within approximately 45 minutes to inform you that your results are ready. You will need to collect your paper results inside the West Gym. Do NOT lose this paper, as this is your “ticket” to the Student Village in order to get your keys.
If your test is negative, you may move into the Student Village. However, if your test is positive, you will be required to return home and quarantine for 14 days.
It is important to know that if you arrive late at night and miss your move in time, then we are unable to provide you a test and therefore, you are unable to move in! You cannot move in without receiving a negative test. So please know that if for some reason you arrive late at night, you will be unable to move in and will need to spend a night at a hotel instead.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions about the testing process. And thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Lastly, don’t forget your “checklist”….. you must sign up for a Move In time, complete the emergency contact form online AND sign the license addendum online via MyCollege. These 3 items MUST be completed prior to moving in; otherwise, we are unable to give you your key and you cannot move in.
Reminders about the “new” normal in the Student Village:
- Don’t forget to sign your license addendum online AND complete the emergency contact info PRIOR to Move in! You cannot move in without completing both of these online documents!
- Move In Days: Thursday, August 27 – Sunday, August 30
- You must sign up for a Move In time if you have not already done so. (Meal plans will not start until Monday the first day of classes).
- Only one friend/family member can assist you with Moving In, and you need to complete your move in within your assigned time slot.
- Once you arrive on campus you must take your COVID test. You cannot get your key and move in without getting a negative COVID test on campus first!
- You must wear masks at ALL times when outside of your assigned suite.
- NO outside visitors to the Student Village and NO overnight guests.
- You must practice social distancing at all times; this means at least 6 feet in distance between you and others.
- NO room changes at all, unless the Housing Office has mandated you move.
- If you are feeling sick, you need to contact your home medical provider and/or contact TeleMed to determine next steps.
- Once you arrive on campus you will be asked to complete daily screening. It is important you complete this daily and be honest!
- Remember to pack your cleaning supplies (Lysol wipes, disinfecting sprays, etc.) you are responsible for cleaning your own rooms and suites.
- The Housing Office will have limited “office hours” in the Student Village classroom, if you need something outside of these times, please email email@example.com and/or visit the front desk of the Student Village.
- How will we greet you on campus? A wave! No hugs, handshakes, etc.
- And a final important reminder…. IF we get too many positive cases from the Student Village, we will shut down and students will be sent home for the rest of the semester. So be smart, wear your mask, practice social distancing, and encourage others to do the same!
We can’t wait to welcome you to campus very soon! However, in the meantime, there is one more thing that you must do to be eligible to live in the Student Village. You must log back in to your MyCollege account, and go to your Housing page. There under “applications” you will see a new application, “Fall 2020 License Addendum”. You must open this application and electronically sign it. This is a VERY important document, so I am attaching a copy of it here (pdf) as well. Please share this document with your parents/family, so that everyone is aware of the new expectations due to COVID. In order for us to have a safe and healthy semester it is important that everyone reads and understands the license addendum.
If you have any questions about this document, please do not hesitate to contact me. It is extremely important that everyone understands the License Addendum and agrees to it prior to arriving on campus.
The start of the fall semester is getting closer, and we can’t wait to welcome you to campus! Remember campus will look slightly different, as more offices are trying to limit their student interactions due to COVID. Because of this you should come prepared with a computer/laptop to interact with offices on campus remotely (whether via Zoom, Google, etc).
It is recommended that you self-quarantine for 5 days prior to arrival to campus. This is being implemented to help reduce the potential spread of COVID. We are in the process of securing COVID testing for students upon arrival, and will have more information regarding this process for you soon.
Remember, Move In Days are August 27 – August 30. For Move In Day you may have ONE person assist with moving in (masks are required); other family and friends may wait outside for you. We will have an electronic signup for Move In times, so continue to keep checking your emails.
Lastly, meal plans will not start until Monday on the first day of classes, therefore, you should plan to move in with food (your suite has a full kitchen with microwave, fridge, stove and oven). You may also order food locally for delivery; however, we ask that if you do this, you meet the delivery person outside of the building with a mask on, as we will not let them into the building.
As we continue to make preparations for our “new normal” for the fall semester, I want to update you the best that I can, as it is important for you to take time over the summer to prepare for life in the Student Village. This means buying Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer, masks and other cleaning supplies you may need for your new home at SUNY Broome.
Also, it is important for you to know that there will be NO visitors allowed in the Student Village. This means no overnight guests and no non-residents entering the building throughout the day. This will be enforced with increased ID checks at the front desk. This is being implemented for the safety of you and your peers. You should begin to think about your suite as your “family” and just as many of you have done at home with limiting outside visitors inside of your home, we will be doing the same here. I know that the “new normal” will be challenging for some of you, but the health and safety of everyone in the Student Village is our top priority.
We can’t wait to welcome you to the Student Village! In the meantime, please be certain that you are registered for at least 12 credits and that your financial aid requirements are met. If you are not registered, please contact your academic advisor. Also, don’t forget about your residency certificate! Additional information regarding that process can be found here.
I hope that you are well and enjoying your summer. I am sure you are anxious about fall plans. Please know that classes will begin as scheduled, Monday, August 31, 2020. You will be receiving more detailed information about classes from Dr. Penny Haynes within a couple of weeks.
As for life at the Student Village, things will be rather different than previous years due to the pandemic. We are working hard to make sure your college experience is still enjoyable, even with the mandatory mask requirement! Yes, we are requiring that students wear masks when they are outside of their suites. And as my previous email indicated, we are only offering single rooms this semester, so there will be 4 students to each suite. We will be asking that students practice social distancing as much as possible while living in the Student Village. Your health and safety is extremely important to us, and we want to do our best to keep all of our students healthy and able to have a productive semester. This also means that we will be conducting increased suite checks, and all students will be required to clean their suites often (especially their bathrooms and kitchens). So please plan to move in with supplies to do so (Lysol wipes, dish soup, bathroom cleaner, toilet bowl brushes, etc.)
Also, to promote social distancing we will be extending Move In to FOUR DAYS. Move In will occur Thursday, August 27, 2020 – Sunday, August 30, 2020. We will be in touch via email later this summer for you to sign up for a date and time. We will be limiting the number of people entering the Student Village, and because of this, we will not have Move In volunteers to help you unload your cars. So please begin to think now about efficient ways that you can pack your belongings for a quick move in process. And don’t worry, we will still be offering yellow carts to help you load and unload your belongings.
Please continue to check your email, as we will provide you updates via email throughout the summer. In the meantime please be certain that you are registered for at least 12 credits, and that you have completed your Financial Aid requirements. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
I would like to inform you that because of the pandemic we have made some changes to our room options to help keep our students healthy, and to promote social distancing. This year there will be NO double rooms, and only singles and “super singles”. This means that each suite will have 4 students, so that there will be only 2 students sharing a bathroom. The rates are as follows:
- A single room is $4,628 per semester
- A “super single room” is $4,878 per semester
If you have a room preference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate your request.