2023-2024: Due May 1, 2023
Thank you for your interest in teaching a Fast Forward course at your institution. We work with many area high schools and BOCES to help students achieve collegiate success before they even reach higher education. If you need assistance identifying a course that aligns with your offering, please contact the Fast Forward Office at email@example.com
Submit Your Application
- Review the Instructor Qualifications (pdf) and Fast Forward Course Offerings (pdf)
- Complete the Fast Forward Instructor Application
- Current Resume – include relevant teaching and professional experience, professional development, recognitions, etc.
- Transcripts – ALL undergraduate and graduate transcripts – legible copies are acceptable
- There is an option to upload these documents in the application
The Academic Department Chair conducts the application review. Applicants will receive a notice from the Fast Forward Office via email of their approval or denial to teach a Fast Forward course.
Syllabus Review Process
Once approved, we provide a course syllabus template (pdf) to begin creating your Fast Forward course syllabus. Each of your Fast Forward courses will have their own course syllabus. Contact your SUNY Broome Academic Department Chair/Coordinator with questions.
In additional to the information listed the course syllabus template, be sure to include the following information.
- SUNY Broome and Fast Forward logo
- Basic skills and pre-requisites
- Department grading scale
- Course requirements and expectations
- Attendance policy
- Fast Forward Student Handbook
- Instructor Disclaimer
Once approval, Fast Forward Instructors will need to attend the Fast Forward Orientation typically held on the third Wednesday in August.
This orientation focuses on policy, procedure and registration process training, navigation of your SUNY Broome My College Account and Fast Forward Administrator Handbook. You will also meet with your SUNY Broome Department for your curriculum orientation, which includes syllabus review, pedagogy, course learning outcomes and assessment methods.
Current Fast Forward Instructors, approved to teach an additional course, will need to attend the discipline specific orientation. We welcome you to attend the morning session if it has been awhile since your new instructor orientation.
The Fast Forward Program provides professional development to its instructors, the second Tuesday evening in November. This event is mandatory for all instructors, new and current. Instructors will receive a certificate recognizing their participation in the event.