The Early College Program is for high school students who benefit from taking college courses on the SUNY Broome campus, before graduating from high school. This program is typically for seniors and juniors who are at least 16 years of age, and have maintained a high school course average of 80 or higher related to the college course they seek instruction at SUNY Broome Community College.
What is the Early College Program?
- High school students take SUNY Broome courses on-campus or on-line, full or part-time.
- Students must obtain permission of the parent, guidance counselor, and Early College advisor to register.
- Students complete a paper application and a registration form.
- Students generally qualify with at least an 85 in the subject area of the course(s) they wish to take.
- Students pay the regular tuition rate.
Applications can be found below. Please note: Early College students are NOT eligible for financial aid.
- Certificate of Residency Form (pdf)
- Search available courses
- Course Descriptions
- Student Handbook 2022-2023 (pdf)
The Fast Forward/Early College Center will review and process the applicant’s transcript and application (P: +1 (607) 778-5798, F: +1 (607) 778-5442).
Students residing in NYS will also complete a Certificate of Residency (pdf) form which must be completed on time to avoid double tuition charges. Bills are not mailed home. Students can view and pay their bills via their MyCollege account. Questions regarding tuition payment and residency certificate should be directed to Student Accounts (P: +1 (607) 778-5230, F: +1 (607) 778-5536).
Students approved for and taking six credits or more will need to submit immunization records to the Student Health Services Office (P: +1 (607) 778-5181, F: +1 (607) 778-5530)
Students must independently secure permission from their high school for credits to count toward their high school diploma. Early College will not become involved in this process.