Concurrent enrollment programs, such as SUNY Broome Community College’s Fast Forward Program, promote and offer challenging college-level experiences to students in their last one or two years of high school. Students benefit through their ability to enroll in rigorous college-level courses while simultaneously meeting high school graduation requirements. As colleges experience high remediation rates, programs such as Fast Forward play an increasingly vital role in building the all important partnerships between high schools and colleges.
For new students looking to apply to the Fast Forward Program please read and follow the New Fast Forward Student Application & Registration Steps (pdf) before proceeding.
Returning students DO NOT need to reapply. But they should read and follow the Returning Fast Forward Student Registration Steps (pdf) before proceeding. Who is considered a returning student? Anyone who has previously completed a SUNY Broome Application for Fast Forward, regardless of course registration.
What is the Fast Forward Program?
- High school students take SUNY Broome courses at their high school, and earn college credit while simultaneously earning high school credit.
- Courses are offered by the high school, delivered at the high school site as part of the normal school day, and are taught by approved high school teachers in cooperation with SUNY Broome Department Chairs.
- Students register in the high school classroom with their instructor.
- Students generally qualify for Fast Forward courses if they have earned at least an 85 in the subject area of the course(s) they wish to take.
- Some Fast Forward courses have more specific requirements, which are found on the Fast Forward website.
- Students pay $0 in tuition.
Phone: +1 (607) 778-5648
Location: Wales Administration Building, room 108C