In order to apply for the EOP program, please complete the following steps:
- Use this link to fill out the EOP application: connect.sunybroome.
- Upload your EOP Essay into your EOP application. Here is the essay prompt:
Please provide a response to the following questions (up to 500 words) to help us better understand your interest in EOP.
- What motivated your interest to pursue post-secondary education?
- Explain the circumstances that affected your academic performance in high school.
- Based on what you know about the Educational Opportunity Program, how do you think the program will benefit you?
- Upload your household financial documentation into your EOP application- you would use the same documentation needed to fill out your FAFSA application. The documentation will be based on your circumstance. For instance, it may be your parent’s 1040 if you are a dependent student. If you are an independent student, it may be your 1040 tax form. If your household is dependent on public assistance, it would be the benefits statement. If you are in foster care, homeless, an orphan or ward of the state or county, then you would need to send in the documentation that proves that circumstance.
Some things to know:
It is vitally important that you do not delay applying for this program. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions or need assistance at email@example.com