Special Courses for You!
We offer courses in everything from creating a business plan to innovator workshops. For a free catalog of upcoming courses call +1 (607) 778-5012 or visit the Continuing Education page and view the most recent catalog.
Client Advisory Group
What is a Client Advisory Group?
The Client Advisory Group meetings are available to any client that has been assisted by the BLDC/Broome-Triad Entrepreneurial Assistance Center located at the Koffman Southern Tier Incubator hosted by SUNY Broome Community College. Clients may choose to meet with a group of community representatives to discuss THEIR small business concerns, issues, and ideas. The group is there to brainstorm and have experienced professionals listen to you and your needs for your small business! All for Free for EAC clients!
Currently we have the following people who volunteer their time once a month to meet virtually with our entrepreneurs to help them be as successful as they can be!
- Janet Beal, Retired President of Tarco Steel – Small Business Consultant
- Joel Boyd, with Economic Recovery and Development – Assistant Director at of Economic Recovery
- Christine Curtis with Tioga County Industrial Development Agency – Executive Director
- Brian DeBoyace with Tioga State Bank – Senior Vice President, Retail Banking
- Howard Garrity, with US Small Business Administration – Business Development Specialist
- Tom Gray with Broome County Industrial Development Agency – Director of Business Development and Loan Funds
- William McGowan former owner of American Pipe & Plastic – Small Business Consultant
- Joseph Moody with Town of Union Economic Development – Director
- Stephen Musok with Triple Cities Makerspace – President
- Terry Stark with SCORE – Counselor and EAC Supporter
- Josh Welch with Visions Federal Credit Union – Member Business Loans
The meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm utilizing the Zoom platform. Clients should call +1 (607) 777-4022 to talk to EAC staff for registration at one of the meetings, a Zoom calendar invite will then be sent via email to save their spot! It is first come, first serve so don’t delay and get on the calendar TODAY!
Testimonial from one client who had a meeting
“To borrow a phrase from Visa: the opportunity to sit down with experienced professionals and talk about ‘me,’ priceless. What would cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars was provided to me absolutely FREE. And, you cannot put a value on the amount of experience that was in the room during my client advisory group meeting. I left the room feeling energized, and had a renewed sense of focus. Nobody should think twice about attending“