Joe Spence, Career and Transfer Counselor
Joe Spence has been a Counselor at SUNY Broome since 1997. He specializes in career counseling and transfer planning.
Please schedule an appointment with Joe for career exploration, career planning, academic preparation for transferring, the transfer application process and additional transfer planning resources.
Val Carnegie, Chair, Career and Transfer Services Department
Val has a passion to help students in every area in higher education and especially in transfer and career development. She has almost 20 years of experience working with and supporting students in higher education ranging from Admissions, general advising, pre-health advising, transfer advising, transfer evaluations and career development. She graduated from Clemson University with a Master of Education in Student Affairs Administration, Binghamton University with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and from SUNY Broome with an Associates in Liberal Arts. She began her professional career after Clemson University at SUNY Broome in the Admissions Office and also worked at Binghamton University in the Athletics Office and Harpur Advising. She returned back home to SUNY Broome and is currently serves as Staff Associated and Chair of the Career, Transfer and Bachelor Partnership Department.
How to schedule an appointment with Joe or Val
- Log into MyCollege and select Schedule an Appointment with my Success Team on the top of your MyCollege homepage. Use the lookup function if you do not remember your username/password.
- Select Schedule an Appointment with My Success Team under Connect in the Dashboard. This will bring you to a Search Appointments page
- Select Student Services from the Search Office(s) to begin drop-down
- Select Advisors drop-down and choose the staff member’s name for whom you would like to schedule an appointment with
- Choose the timeframe you are searching for an appointment within
- Select Search
- Select the appointment time that works for you
View Student Success Center Instructions for more in-depth instructions
You can also schedule an appointment by calling +1 (607) 778-5207 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.