The mission of the Teaching Resource Center is to promote excellence in teaching, enhance the learning experiences for our students, and provide opportunities for our faculty and staff.
Teaching Resource Center offers
- Instructional technology support
- Innovative instructional techniques for both face-to-face and online classrooms
- One-on-one mentoring: Partner with an instructional designer through recurring appointments during course development and/or facilitation.
- Course development redesign or management
- Course review and feedback
- Distance education training (For workshops and face-to-face training schedules please visit Professional Development Offerings and opportunities)
- Blackboard 1-2-3, Introduction to Learning Management System: Start using Blackboard. Choose Face-to-face or online training whichever format works best for you.
- Blackboard advanced workshop series: Learn effective and efficient ways of using Blackboard.
- Blackboard Faculty Guides for both face-to-face and online classrooms
- Copy your course day: Work with your peers and instructional designers to prepare your course for the upcoming semester.
- TRC computer lab: TRC provides a computer lab with Internet access and campus-wide licensed software (MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Read & Write) for the faculty. Few of the PCs are equipped with popular educational software, such as Camtasia, Raptivity, Respondus and Snagit. The faculty may use the lab computers within the library hours, as long as the lab is available. TRC Lab will be reserved for the faculty use during our Open Hours, Mondays 12–2pm, Thursdays 9–11am.