The Electrical Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates with an Associate in Applied Science in Electrical Engineering Technology shall:
- Have the fundamental knowledge and training in electrical engineering technology that is required for professional practice and for undertaking baccalaureate studies.
- Be capable of applying industry standard technology principles across various stages of testing, designing, troubleshooting and maintaining electrical/electronic systems.
- Have the written and oral skills necessary to function effectively in the profession and society.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of current issues in electrical engineering technology and their impact on social and global issues.
- Have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities for the complex modern work environment.
- Have the desire and ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- Be effective working individually and in teams.
Graduates with an Associate in Applied Science in Electrical Engineering Technology shall have:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results;
- an ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team
Student Enrollment and Graduation
- 2008 = 83
- 2009 = 90
- 2010 = 93
- 2011 = 80
- 2012 = 87
- 2013 = 89
- 2014 = 75
- 2015 = 73
- 2016 = 66
- 2017 = 42
- 2018 = 43
- 2019 = 34
- 2008-2009 = 21
- 2009-2010 = 16
- 2010-2011 = 24
- 2011-2012 = 20
- 2012-2013 = 11
- 2013-2014 = 23
- 2014-2015 = 24
- 2015-2016 = 19
- 2016-2017 = 8
- 2017-2018 = 11
- 2018-2019 = 5