Purpose of Grant: This funding is available to support high impact projects that save energy while engaging the campus community.
Project Period: Projects must be ready to commence within the calendar year of award notification. Proposers should expect at least four (4) months between proposal submission and contract execution
Application Due Date: February 20, 2020 by 3 pm EST.
Project Description: The Energy to Lead Competition is administered through the REV Campus Challenge, which is part of Governor Cuomo’s REV strategy to build a clean, resilient, and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. The REV Campus Challenge promotes clean energy efforts by recognizing and supporting colleges and universities in NYS that implement clean energy projects and principles on campus, in the classroom, and in surrounding communities.
Winning proposals will highlight cost-effective, deep and impactful energy savings projects leading to decarbonization. Proposals will also integrate student engagement and share best practices with other campuses to encourage replication. Projects within gas moratorium areas and/or projects that reduce dependence on natural gas supplies will be awarded additional points during proposal evaluation. Such projects may include natural gas efficiency and conservation tactics, implementation of clean heating and cooling, primary fuel switching to reduce carbon emissions, investigation of other non-pipeline alternatives, etc.
The following are examples of eligible project types. This list is not exhaustive.
- Net zero energy and/or net zero carbon
- Deep energy saving retrofits
- Comprehensive energy efficiency measure implementation
- Clean heating and cooling
- Natural gas efficiency and/or conservation
- Primary fuel switching from natural gas to reduce carbon emissions
- Any combination of the above
- Any project that results in deep and impactful energy savings resulting in substantive carbon reduction
Projects must be performed on systems with a remaining useful life of at least six (6) years.
Ineligible projects include:
- Projects containing conversion to natural gas
- Full system replacements to new fossil fuel-based systems
- Measures with available investor owned utility incentives
- Projects that have been installed prior to Program launch
** Upcoming webinar is November 6 at 2 pm ET.
Eligible Applicants: Only REV Campus Challenge members are eligible to apply. (SUNY Broome is a member)
Funding: $500,000 to $1.5 million