What is the New Century Workforce Pathway Scholarship?
The New Century Workforce Pathway Scholarship recognizes the most outstanding workforce-bound student from each state.
Colleges are encouraged to nominate up to two (2) students per campus for the Workforce Pathway scholarship.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
Students currently enrolled in career and technical associate degree programs who will be entering the workforce immediately after graduation, prior to fall 2020, are eligible to apply. The minimum requirements are that students must:
- Be nominated by your college’s nominator, Dr. Carol Ross-Scott.
- Be enrolled in at least six (6) semester hours in an associate degree program or career/technical program through December 2019.
- Hold a minimum GPA of 3.50.
- Students should only be nominated if they will be entering the workforce prior to fall 2020 upon completion of their associate degree/certificate. (at least 36 earned credit hours)
- Not been subject to disciplinary actions
Student Application Deadline: October 25, 2019 by 6 pm ET
Nominator Deadline: November 8, 2019 by 6 pm ET
Scholarship Amount: $1,250 (The scholarship may be used to complete an associate degree, obtain a certification, or purchase tools or other trade-specific items needed to enter the workforce.)