Purpose of Grant: The Community Fund is the Community Foundation’s general fund — a multi-purpose, unrestricted fund which addresses pressing community needs. The Community Foundation for South Central New York (CFSCNY) supports community programs, capital projects, operating support, capacity building, economic and community development, and/or innovation.
Project Period: 2-years from the award date
Application Due Date:
Tuesday, March 5th, 2019 for the Spring Cycle. Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 for the Fall Cycle. Letters of intent must be filed and approved two weeks before the deadline.
Project Description: The areas of support for which qualified organizations may apply are listed below.
• Program- Programs that address a specific, demonstrated community need.
• Capital – Proposals for property purchase, equipment purchase, facilities improvement, and capital campaigns. A minimum of 2 estimates must accompany a capital request.
• Operating Support – Proposals from established organizations (minimum of 10 years) that are in financial distress due to a reduction in traditional funding sources for operations (e.g. individual contributions, event revenue, federal/state/local budget reductions). We will also consider requests for short-term assistance that will improve long-term sustainability.
• Capacity Building- Proposals that build organizational capacity and do not qualify for NYCON’s (New York Council on Non-Profits) mini-grant program.
• Economic and Community Development- Proposals that strengthen the community by strengthening the local economy and encourage local ownership and development of resources
• Innovation-Proposals that address a community need with a unique and collaborative approach.
To support the need for their project, applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize and specifically reference information in the foundation’s regional need assessment which is located on our website: www.donorswhocare.org.
Eligible Applicants: Any 501(c)(3) where a grant will benefit significantly (but not necessarily exclusively) residents of the Foundation’s service area: Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and/or Tioga counties. Certain local government agencies, municipalities and public school systems within the Foundation’s service area. Organizations requiring a 501(c)(3) as a fiscal sponsor may be eligible to apply.
Funding: The minimum award will be $5,001 and the maximum award will remain $15,000. If your request is for $5,000 or under, please utilize the Small Grants Program.