We at SUNY Broome take steps in preventing crime from occurring. These steps range from officers patrolling campus, maintenance of lighting and shrubbery, community education/presentations, along with open lines of communication between faculty, staff, and students. While Officers can’t be everywhere at once, we rely on members of the campus community to inform us of potential issues and suspicious activity. How you can you help?? If you see something, say something…. Call us at 607- 778-5083 (non-emergency) or 911 if an emergent threat exists.
Please take measures to prevent yourself from being the victim of a crime. Here are some helpful tips to guide you:
- Lock your vehicle and shut windows
- Never leave anything of value in plain view or unattended
- Park in/walk in a well lit area
- Do not share personal information (social security number, ID, address, etc.) with people you don’t know
- Never walk alone at night
- Don’t allow technology(smart phones) to make you unaware of your surroundings
Public Safety publishes a log of all Misdemeanor, Felony, Drug/Alcohol, Dating/Domestic Violence incidents that are reported to us. These reports are added to the log even if they are unfounded. to view the log, please click below.
Click 2018 Crime Log to view