You are not alone! Drop In, one -on-one individual tutoring, and online tutoring is available to help you succeed! Call 778-5333 or stop by the Learning Assistance Department Tutoring Area, L 215, for more information. Tutors guide students in becoming active learners and provide strategies and skills important for course success.
Success is within reach! All students are welcome to take advantage of this FREE support.
DROP IN TUTORING
- no appointment required
- informal, drop in as needed
- group setting
Spring 2019 Drop-in Tutoring for Physics, Chemistry and Biology is available beginning Thursday, January 31st
Drop In Tutoring for Biology, Chemistry, and Physics is located in L 214, top floor of the Library
Spring 2019 Drop In Tutoring for Business will begin on Thursday, January 31st.
Drop In Business Tutoring is located in B 006, bottom floor of the Business Building
One-On-One INDIVIDUAL Tutoring
- regularly scheduled weekly appointments
PLEASE BE SURE TO CALL 778-5333 to schedule a follow up appointment and to discuss any questions or concerns.
Online Chemistry Tutoring via Blackboard
Also new for SUNY Broome – STAR NY – Online tutoring support available across the disciplines staffed by tutors across the state.
Spring 2019: January 28- May 21
Sunday through Thursday | 7 p.m.– Midnight
- Writing Any course through Masters level (except foreign language)
- Math for Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, and Intro. to Statistics
- Chemistry Introductory level, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- Biology Introductory level and Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics Introductory level
- Psychology Introductory level
- Economics Introductory level, Macro and Micro
- Computer Science Introductory level
- Accounting Any course below the 400 level
How to Get Started
- Use an updated version of Firefox, Safari or Chrome (Internet Explorer does not work with Whiteboard)
- Log in and complete the tutor request form.
- When you reach the Dashboard page, click on your subject to work with a tutor.
- Follow this link to get started : https://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule
This online tutoring service is provided by
Become a Tutor!
Are you a student interested in sharing your knowledge? Consider becoming a tutor and get paid to help SUNY Broome students succeed. Contact the Learning Assistance Department by visiting us in the Library, room L215 (top floor of the Library) or by calling (607) 778-5333.