You are not alone! In response to courses being delivered online, online tutoring is also available to help you succeed! Tutors guide students in becoming active learners and provide strategies and skills important for course success.
Success is within reach! All students are welcome to take advantage of this FREE support. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding any of these tutoring services, please send an email to Loreta at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tutoring Program supports and guides students in their efforts to achieve their academic goals by engaging them in the learning process, helping them understand course content while strengthening study strategies for course and college success.
See Spring Science schedule here: Chm Bio SPRING 2020 L214 (xlsx)
Tutors can also be reached via email:
Chemistry Tutors –DropInChemTutoring@sunybroome.edu
Physics Tutors – DropInPhysicsTutoring@sunybroome.edu
A & P Bio Tutors– DropInBioTutoring@sunybroome.edu
Please reach out to the SI leader attached to your A & P BIO course:
Bio 131 Professor Kelly Jordan Gaisford JGAISFORD15@gmail.com
Bio 132 Professor Glenn Deb Miller email@example.com
Bio 132 Professor Musa Hannah Tyrell firstname.lastname@example.org
Bio 132 Professor Hollister
Luke Gaworecki email@example.com
Drop In Online Tutoring for Business will be available via Blackboard
during the regular scheduled hours:
See Spring schedule here: B006 Business Lab Spring 2020 Schedule (xlsx)
Tutors will still be available online for tutoring support:
- See Full Schedule here: DROP IN SCHEDULE Spring 2020
More Online Tutoring is available via STAR NY!
STAR NY – Online tutoring support available across the disciplines staffed by tutors across the state. Spring 2020 : February 2- May 7
Sunday through Thursday | 7 p.m.– Midnight
- Writing Any course through Masters level (except foreign language)
- Math for Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, and Intro. to Statistics
- Chemistry Introductory level, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- Biology Introductory level and Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics Introductory level
- Psychology Introductory level
- Economics Introductory level, Macro and Micro
- Computer Science Introductory level
- Accounting Any course below the 400 level
How to Get Started
- Use an updated version of Firefox, Safari or Chrome (Internet Explorer does not work with Whiteboard)
- Log in and complete the tutor request form.
- When you reach the Dashboard page, click on your subject to work with a tutor.
- Follow this link to get started: https://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule
This online tutoring service is provided by
One-On-One INDIVIDUAL Tutoring
- regularly scheduled weekly appointments
PLEASE BE SURE TO CALL +1 (607) 778-5333 to schedule a follow up appointment and to discuss any questions or concerns.
Become a Tutor!
Are you a student interested in sharing your knowledge? Consider becoming a tutor and get paid to help SUNY Broome students succeed. Contact the Learning Assistance Department by visiting us in the Library, room L215 (top floor of the Library) or by calling +1 (607) 778-5333.