You are not alone! Drop In, one -on-one individual tutoring, and online tutoring is available to help you succeed! Call +1 (607) 778-5333 or stop by the Learning Assistance Department Tutoring Area, L 215, for more information. Tutors guide students in becoming active learners and provide strategies and skills important for course success.
Success is within reach! All students are welcome to take advantage of this FREE support.
The Tutoring Program supports and guides students in their efforts to achieve their academic goals by engaging them in the learning process, helping them understand course content while strengthening study strategies for course and college success.
DROP IN TUTORING
- no appointment required
- informal, drop in as needed
- group setting
Drop In Tutoring for Biology, Chemistry, and Physics is located in L 214, top floor of the Library.
See Spring schedule here:
Drop In Tutoring for Business is located in B 006, bottom floor of the Business Building.
See Spring schedule here.
One-On-One INDIVIDUAL Tutoring
- regularly scheduled weekly appointments
PLEASE BE SURE TO CALL +1 (607) 778-5333 to schedule a follow up appointment and to discuss any questions or concerns.
Online Tutoring is available!
Online Chemistry Tutoring via Blackboard.
STAR NY – Online tutoring support available across the disciplines staffed by tutors across the state.
Spring 2020 : February 2- May 7
Sunday through Thursday | 7 p.m.– Midnight
- Writing Any course through Masters level (except foreign language)
- Math for Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, and Intro. to Statistics
- Chemistry Introductory level, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- Biology Introductory level and Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics Introductory level
- Psychology Introductory level
- Economics Introductory level, Macro and Micro
- Computer Science Introductory level
- Accounting Any course below the 400 level
How to Get Started
- Use an updated version of Firefox, Safari or Chrome (Internet Explorer does not work with Whiteboard)
- Log in and complete the tutor request form.
- When you reach the Dashboard page, click on your subject to work with a tutor.
- Follow this link to get started : https://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule
This online tutoring service is provided by
Become a Tutor!
Are you a student interested in sharing your knowledge? Consider becoming a tutor and get paid to help SUNY Broome students succeed. Contact the Learning Assistance Department by visiting us in the Library, room L215 (top floor of the Library) or by calling +1 (607) 778-5333.