The Math Lab is a tutorial center for SUNY Broome students taking any mathematics course offered at the college. Students with all ability levels are welcomed by our Learning Specialists, Professional and Peer Tutors. Besides tutorial services, students are encouraged to use our media collection to augment class lectures. They may borrow retired textbooks for additional exercises. The Math Lab also has computers which include the general software a student finds on campus, as well as full Internet access. Software that is course specific has been installed to allow students to work with or without a tutor.
Students may continue to utilize Math Lab services through their math courses here at SUNY Broome.
- Math Lab Services are available to SUNY Broome students who attend class regularly.
- If you have missed class, you must meet with your instructor before tutors can help.
- Tutors can review material from your notes, but cannot teach you new topics.
This winter the Math Lab is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. However, if you really need help at other times Monday-Thursday, check Clint Ryan’s office (LI-017B), which is just around the corner from the Lab.
We’ll be closed on school holidays, of course.
Winter 2020 Math Lab Hours
- Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday: 10am – 2pm
- Wednesday: 3pm – 7pm
- Thursday: 10 am – 2pm
- Friday: CLOSED
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: CLOSED
Math Lab Services
- Unlimited walk in Math tutoring
- 1 on 1 tutoring sessions by appointment (30 minutes each)
- Professional Math tutoring
- Computer aided assistance
- Retired text books for loan
- Current textbooks for use while in Math Lab
- Specialized review aides
We help students understand course material, develop their mathematical skills, and build confidence in their mathematical abilities. SUNY Broome students at all levels of mathematics are welcomed.
Winter Professional Staff
All of our tutors are qualified to give assistance in most courses. However, some of our professional tutors have a specific area of expertise by way of degree or experience as noted below. If you need assistance for one of those courses, please check the schedule on our wall.
|Jordan Bridges||Professional Tutor||181/182|
|Clint Ryan||Math Lab Coordinator|
|David Weintraub||Math Lab Coordinator|
- Douglas Leigh
- David Michalak