Establish and support a culture based on data-driven decision-making, assessment, planning, and continuous improvement to ensure student success and institutional health.
The mission of the Institutional Effectiveness Office is to further the advancement of the SUNY Broome Community College mission and achievement of its strategic goals. Through organized, systematized, and sustainable assessment processes, encompassing all areas of the college, the Institutional Effectiveness Office promotes a culture of evidence-based decision-making, planning, and continuous improvement, which drives student success and institutional effectiveness.
Included in the responsibilities of the office are:
- Provide data and evidence to ensure data-informed decision making.
- Collaborate with the Student Learning Assessment Committee (SLAC) and Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning Committee (IESPC) to provide training and support needed to ensure student learning outcomes and administrative unit outcomes are undertaken effectively for the purpose of continuous improvement and closing the assessment gap.
- Support academic program review efforts of the college through the provision of data and applicable resources needed by academic programs.
- Coordinate the Institutional Review Board (IRB) activities on campus.
- Coordinate the design and administration of surveys and data collection efforts on campus.
- Lead accreditation efforts.
- Lead strategic planning activities and efforts.
If you have any questions or comments concerning institutional effectiveness at SUNY Broome, contact Dr. Kimberly McLain via e-mail email@example.com or by phone at +1 (607) 778-5024.
- How well are SUNY Broome students learning?
- How well are we improving student learning, educational delivery, and student development?
- How well are we improving student support services or our student’s learning environment?
- Are we using enough human, technological, or available fiscal resources to sustain the quality of the SUNY Broome student experience?
- Are we following our collective core-values, achieving our mission statement, and aspiring to reach our vision statement through our strategic planning?
- What actions will we take to build on our strengths and to address our needs for continuous improvement?