- Provide a sound technical education to students in the theory and performance of clinical laboratory testing.
- Promote an instructional environment that encourages critical thinking, facilitates problem solving, and creates a foundation for life-long learning.
- Act as resources to the community on technical issues and in the promotion of professional growth.
CLT Program Goals:
- To provide career counseling to students seeking careers in the laboratory sciences or related areas.
- To provide academic advisement and support to students pursuing an A.A.S. degree in Clinical Laboratory Technician.
- To provide a cohesive curriculum in the medical laboratory sciences which meets the needs of the students and employers of graduates of the program.
- To offer courses in laboratory sciences which are current, interesting, and academically sound.
- To provide clinical education which enhances the student’s understanding of his/her academic studies and supports the student’s professional growth.
- To provide information and aid to students interested in transfer to upper division programs.
- To foster an atmosphere of professionalism and competence as our students develop their own professional values.
- To supply information on and access to many facets of the profession.
- To continue program evaluation via course and curriculum evaluations, exit interviews, post graduate evaluations, and information from employers of our graduates.
ASCP Certification Pass Rates by Class
|Year||# Graduates||# Attempted BOC Exam||# Passed BOC Exam||Pass % Within Year of Graduation|
NYS Licensure Statistics
|Year||# Graduates||% passing of those seeking Licensure||% Licensed||Technician License||Technologist License*|
*After September 1, 2013 the SUNY Broome’s CLT program can no longer be used to seek licensure at a technologist level.
Graduate Placement Rates
Graduation Rate of those starting the Final Half of the CLT Curriculum
|Year||# Starting Final Half||# Continuing||# Graduating||Graduation %||Attrition Rate %|