What is Phonathon?
Phonathon is a fundraising program at SUNY Broome Community College where our students call SUNY Broome alumni and invite them to support the SUNY Broome Annual Fund. Phonathon Callers also educate alumni about the needs that still exist for the campus and updates that are occurring and how their support makes a difference. Phonathon callers also update alumni contact information and help to answer any questions alumni may have regarding special events, programs or news at the College.
Interested in being a Phonathon caller?
How long does Phonathon last?
What makes a good Phonathon caller?
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Involvement and familiarity with SUNY Broome
- Reliable, dependable and punctual
- Ability to work independently and in a strong team environment
- Takes initiative to be an effective caller
- Availability and willingness to work evenings and Sunday afternoons
- Desire to help raise funding for the BCC Foundation for various campus and student needs
- Proficiency or fluency in a foreign language is a plus