To obtain effective intervention services.
- Counseling Services- No charge for students
- Location: Student Services Building Suite 210
- Phone: +1 (607) 778-5210
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Services- No charge for students
- Location: Science Building Room 102
- Phone: +1 (607) 778-5181
- Email: email@example.com
Sexual contact can transmit Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) and may result in pregnancy. Testing for STIs and emergency contraception is available at
- Broome County Health Department
- Location: 225 Front Street, Binghamton, NY 13905
- Phone: +1 (607) 778-2839
- Planned Parenthood of South Central New York
- Location: 117 Hawley Street, Binghamton, NY 13901
- Phone: +1 (607) 723-7526
- Southern Tier AIDS Program
- Location: 227 Main Street, Johnson City, NY 13790
- Phone: +1 (607) 798-1706
*Within 96 hours of an assault, you can get a Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (commonly referred to as a rape kit) at a hospital. While there should be no charge for a rape kit, there may be a charge for medical or counseling services off campus and, in some cases, insurance may be billed for services. You are encouraged to let hospital personnel know if you do not want your insurance policyholder to be notified about your access to these services. The New York State Office of Victim Services may be able to assist in compensating victims/survivors for health care and counseling services, including emergency funds. More information may be found here: http://www.ovs.ny.gov/files/ovs_rights_of_cv_booklet.pdf, or by calling +1 (800) 247-8035. Options are explained here: http://www.ovs.ny.gov/helpforcrimevictims.html.
To best preserve evidence, victims/survivors should avoid showering, washing, changing clothes, combing hair, drinking, eating, or doing anything to alter their physical appearance until after a physical exam has been completed.