Get Noticed and Be Prepared. Access your FREE Purple Briefcase account by logging into myCollege. Once you have logged in, simply click on the link to Purple Briefcase that is in the student section. You can also access it underneath the “Campus Life & Resources” section. Your account has already been created in the new system.
Whether you are a first year student or about to graduate, Purple Briefcase is an important source of information, career-related events, and career exploration tools. Most importantly Purple Briefcase is the main platform that SUNY Broome uses to post internships, job opportunities, and other important career-related info. We encourage all students to visit the new site and get familiar with the new interface.
Big Interview is SUNY Broome’s On-Demand Interview Training System. Big Interview combines video tutorials AND virtual practice software to help improve your interview skills and build your confidence. Big Interview offers:
- Challenging virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tutorials and tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step interview “Answer Builder” for crafting answers to behavioral questions
Access your free Big Interview account today!
The Hornet Hub
Stop by The Hornet Hub to work on your resume, search for jobs or applied learning opportunities, or to work on any other career preparation activity! Each visitor to The Hornet Hub can print out ten copies of their resume for FREE on professional resume paper. Before you head out to your next job interview or job fair, be sure to stop by and utilize this service.
The Hornet Hub Resource Center
Visitors to the Applied Learning and Career Center are also encouraged to utilize our Hornet Hub Resource Center, which is full of grab-and-go resources to help anyone through their career planning and preparation journey. Don’t have time to swing by? You can also access Hornet Hub Resource Center documents here!
- Resume Basics
- Guide to a Winning Resume, Part I
- Guide to a Winning Resume, Part II
- Sample Chronological Resume
- Informational Interviewing and Shadowing
- Interview Tips
- 60 Second Introduction
- Sample Cover Letter
- Sample Thank You Letter
- Career Success for the Community College Student
Industry Site Visits
Are you interested in visiting a local employer to tour their facilities or gain insight into the day-to-day operations of that business? Contact the ALCC for more information!
SUNY Broome Resources
- Academic Divisions and Programs
- Career Exploration
- Civic Engagement Center
- Writing Center
- Academic Advising
- The Swarm: SUNY Broome’s Student Engagement Network
- CJES Department Announcements
Career Preparation & Readiness Resources
- NYS Department of Labor’s Job Bank
- LinkedIn Jobs
- LinkedIn Internships
- Internship Opportunities with NYS
- CareerEco: Virtual Career Fairs
- Veteran Employment Center: Employers Committed to Hiring Veterans
- USA Jobs
- Backdoor Jobs: Short-Term Job Adventures
- Idealist: Opportunities for Action and Collaboration