Who is hiring during COVID-19 pandemic?
Are you out of work because of the COVID-19 pandemic? This is a difficult time for so many of our students, so the Center for Career Development has put together a list of resources to help our student body navigate a job search or the unemployment insurance process during this unprecedented time.
*Please be sure to do thorough research on the opportunities list below and ensure companies and opportunities are legitimate and appropriate for you. Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach to talk through anything listed on this website.
Employers Hiring During COVID-19
- Immediate Hiring Opportunities in Broome-Tioga Counties
- Listen to 1290 AM at 8:45 am Monday-Friday to hear in-demand, local job openings from Broome-Tioga Workforce-NY!
- Job Openings (via Broome-Tioga Workforce)
- Log into your Purple Briefcase account via myCollege to search hundreds of job opportunities
- Guide to who is hiring right now during COVID-19 via LinkedIn
Remote Work Job Search Engines
Please note: we highly recommend that each student utilizing the following resources conducts research and uses caution when conducting a job search. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Please check with your Career Coach if you have questions or need assistance navigating this process.
COVID-19 Unemployment Information
Virtual offerings during COVID-19
To best support students with career and transfer goals, the Department will offer virtual workshops throughout the summer while we continue to work remotely. The schedule for the week of June 8, 2020 is as follows (pre-registration is required):
June 9 @ 3:00 pm: Job/Internship Searching During COVID-19
June 10 @ 3:00 pm: Get Started @ SUNY Broome & Earn Your Bachelors Degree ONLINE!