Online Learning Options
- SUNY Broome offers over 1,200 courses online each year.
- Several BPS programs are available fully online.
- For many of our programs, more than 80% of the coursework can be completed online.
- During any semester, you can mix and match online and on-campus courses at SUNY Broome.
- Use our online options to earn college credit towards a degree elsewhere.
How does online learning work?
- In BPS’s online courses, students get assignments, take part in discussions, and submit papers and projects over the internet.
- As an online student, you’ll have access to your course website using a password.
- You will be responsible for obtaining any required textbooks and materials.
- Typically, a course consists of a series of modules. In each module, you’ll be expected to read the assigned material, submit answers to questions, complete other assignments and join in discussions posted on the course website.
- Generally, you will need to log on to your course website about three times per week.
- Online courses are not self-paced; you will be expected to meet specified deadlines as if you were taking the course in the classroom.
- Some courses may require proctored tests. Students can set up a suitable proctored location with the help of their instructor.
- Small classes are our trademark.
- All BPS’s online instructors meet the same professional qualifications as classroom faculty.
How do I get started?
- You can enroll in online courses just as you would for a classroom course. If you plan to pursue a SUNY Broome degree, you will need to matriculate (or be accepted) to your program. Apply now to get started.
- Once you are accepted, visit Advisement & Registration for more information on how to get advised and register for courses.
- If you do not plan to pursue a SUNY Broome degree or are already enrolled as a SUNY Broome student, you can register for online courses via MyCollege. Check the Registration page for information on how to register for a course.