The mission of the Bachelor Partnership Program is to provide opportunities for SUNY Broome graduates and others in the community to further their education via established partnerships with four-year institutions that provide alternative learning formats, allowing for continued academic and professional success, while emphasizing the institution’s commitment to advanced degree attainment for non-traditional students.
Goal 1: Provide timely, accurate, supportive assistance to place bound individuals who hold an associate’s degree with accredited transfer options by providing diverse transfer options that:
- Meet students’ academic and career goals
- Provide flexibility for working individuals and those with family constraints to attain their educational goals
- Offer unique student support options for varying level of needs
- Demonstrate alternative learning formats
Goal 2: Provide students with strategies to increase likelihood of success at partner colleges in regard to academics, finances, and personal self.
In conjunction with the Partnership Program’s mission statement and goals, we will:
- Connect students with Partnership staff for enrollment assistance, advising, and transfer assistance via in-person or phone appointments to prepare them for courses at a partner four-year institution
- Participate in Partnership workshops/activities and engage in campus/office dialogue to increase student’s understanding of successful navigation through institutions of higher education
- Assist students to transfer to a partner college Degree program and successfully earn a Bachelor’s Degree
- Advertise program to non-traditional students through academic programs, local businesses/offices, online media, etc. to promote opportunities for academic continuance
- Negotiate partnership rates and transfer articulations at partner colleges for SUNY Broome students
- Implement/participate in workshops that provide Partnership students with the tools needed for success at the partner college