If you are an adult and interested in pursuing your bachelor’s degree, your best bet may be right here at SUNY Broome. This path offers individuals who hold an associates degree a way to earn a bachelors degree at a pace that fits their busy life and become comfortable with online courses; all with the support of the Partnership office.
Thanks to SUNY Broome’s 90/30 transfer agreement with Excelsior College, you can build on your Associate’s degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Criminal Justice, Nursing, Health Science, Computer Studies, Electrical Technology, and others. Note that you must have already earned an Associates degree in Nursing to pursue the Bachelors in Nursing degree. You then transfer to Excelsior College to complete your Bachelor’s degree requirements.
- Excelsior College was formed by the New York State Board of Regents in 1971 to address the academic needs of non-traditional students
- It is a private, not-for-profit college
- It is fully accredited by the same accrediting body as SUNY Broome and all of the SUNY colleges – the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- SUNY Broome and Excelsior College have offered this partnership opportunity to Broome students since 1990
- Hundreds of Broome students have earned their degree via this partnership path – 38 students in the 2018 academic year!!
Note – Excelsior College is a private, not-for-profit college therefore students may not use the New York State Excelsior Scholarship toward their education there. The word “Excelsior” is the NYS motto and means “Ever Upward”. It is on the NYS coat of arms and can be seen on the state seal and state flag.
To Make an Appointment
Please complete our interest form and office staff will follow up with you, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Excelsior College, visit their website