If you are an adult and interested in pursuing your bachelor’s degree, your best bet may be right here at SUNY Broome. This path offers individuals who hold an associates degree a way to earn a bachelors degree at a pace that fits their busy life and become comfortable with online courses; all with the support of the Partnership office.
Thanks to SUNY Broome’s 90/30 transfer agreement with Excelsior College, you can build on your Associate’s degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Criminal Justice, Computer Studies, Nursing, or others. Note that you must have already earned an Associates degree in Nursing to pursue the Bachelors in Nursing degree. You then transfer to Excelsior College to complete your Bachelor’s degree requirements.
- Excelsior College was formed by the New York State Board of Regents in 1971 to address the academic needs of non-traditional students
- It is a private, not-for-profit college
- It is fully accredited by the same accrediting body as SUNY Broome and all of the SUNY colleges – the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- SUNY Broome and Excelsior College have offered this partnership opportunity to Broome students since 1990
- Hundreds of Broome students have earned their bachelor’s degree via this path – 38 just last year!!
Excelsior College Recently Named First of the Top Ten Colleges for Adults Returning to School
Per a May 23, 2016 article in Forbes magazine, College Factual, an informational site that ranks colleges and universities, lists Albany-based Excelsior College as the top school for non-traditional students. Read more…
Student to Student Information Session
Meet Heidi, a student who has completed her SUNY Broome courses and is currently taking the upper level Excelsior courses. Join us in hearing about her experiences with Excelsior College. This session is scheduled for Tuesday, April 24, 2018 from 5:00-5:50 in Titchener 107.
Note – Excelsior College is a private, not-for-profit college therefore students may not use the New York State Excelsior Scholarship toward their education there. The word “Excelsior” is the NYS motto and means “Ever Upward”. It is on the NYS coat of arms and can be seen on the state seal and state flag.
To Make an Appointment
Please complete our interest form and Terri Fadden or Erin Marulli will follow up with you, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Excelsior College, visit their website